DIFFICULTY: 1 out of 5 35 mins
1. Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a very large heavy bottomed saucepan or frying pan over a medium heat.
2. Cook meatballs until golden all over, about 5 mins (they will finish cooking in the soup). Transfer to a plate; set aside.
3. Add leek to pot and cook, stirring often, until beginning to soften, about 3 mins. Add a drop more oil if necessary. Add garlic; cook for 1 min.
4. Add all the stock; bring to a boil. Stir in carrots and season; Reduce heat and simmer until carrots al dente, about 6 mins.
5. Add meatballs; simmer until meatballs are cooked through, about 6-8 mins. Then add pasta.
6. Add spinach and half the Moorland Tomme; stir until spinach is wilted, pasta al dente and cheese is melted, about 3-5 mins.
7. Ladle soup into bowls. Garnish with chives to taste and the remaining cheese. Serve with the crusty rolls.